Tel que mentionné, Social Explorer a changé son site !
« Oxford University Press is delighted to announce that Social Explorer has relaunched and is now available at socialexplorer.com.
A digital step-by-step guide through the relaunch, including information on accessing the new site, is available here. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
As soon as you move to the new Social Explorer, you and your users will immediately benefit from:
- An improved map interface will make it easier to browse data, allowing users to quickly navigate their maps
- A single sign-on and sign-up for users of Facebook and Google+
- Additional map customization will give users full control over color schemes, turn geographical layers on or off, and much more, ensuring that researchers at all levels can easily create maps to their exact specifications
- An improved search technology for finding addresses and places
- New visualization features – such as bubble maps – allow users to inspect data in a way not previously possible, providing a more informed research experience
- Improved sharing functionality will enable users to share their maps through links and social media and will further allow them to embed maps on blogs, increasing interactivity and allowing researchers to easily share information with their collaborators
- New data sets, available when the site relaunches, include the most recent releases of the American Community Survey 2011 and Census 2010, as well as all new business, religion, crime, and election data, and historical data from Ireland
- An enhanced snapshot tool will allow users to more easily develop interactive presentations without ever leaving the site
Getting started with the new Social Explorer site:
- Visit the How To page to find out more about all of the new functionality available on the site
- Promotional material is available to help you promote Social Explorer. Please contact us for additional information.
- Watch a quick “How To” video and visit the FAQ page to learn more about what the new site has to offer
- Increase your usage – we would be happy to provide you with an email template, which you can then use to let your faculty know that Social Explorer has relaunched. Please contact us at email@example.com for further information.
The new site is now available at www.socialexplorer.com and we encourage you and your users to start exploring the site now. However, to make the transition as smooth as possible for you, we will be providing access to the previous site until July 24, 2013. »
Bonne découverte !
Bonne journée !