Le 20 juin 2013, Social Explorer changera de plateforme !
« On June 20, 2013 Social Explorer will relaunch with an all new mapping interface and an expanded range of data.
Below are further details about the launch to make your transition over to the new site as seamless as possible.
As soon as you move to the new site, you and your patrons will immediately benefit from:
- An improved map interface will make it easier to browse data, allowing users to quickly navigate their maps
- A single sign-on and sign-up for users of Facebook and Google+
- Additional map customization will give users full control over color schemes, turn geographical layers on or off, and much more, ensuring that researchers at all levels can easily create maps to their exact specifications
- An improved search technology for finding addresses and places
- New visualization features – such as bubble maps – allow users to inspect data in a way not previously possible, providing a more informed research experience
- Improved sharing functionality will enable users to share their maps through links and social media and will further allow them to embed maps on blogs, increasing interactivity and allowing researchers to easily share information with their collaborators
- New data sets, available when the site relaunches, include the most recent releases of the American Community Survey 2011 and Census 2010, as well as all new business, religion, crime, and election data, and historical data from Ireland
- An enhanced snapshot tool will allow users to more easily develop interactive presentations without ever leaving the site
As a valued customer of Social Explorer, we are delighted to provide you with the opportunity to take a sneak peek at the site as migration nears completion.
The preview site is now available at http://beta.socialexplorer.com/
In order to make the transition to the new site as smooth as possible, we have developed a digital step-by-step guide through the relaunch. This packet includes detailed information on the editorial mission and additionally tells you what you will need to do so that your users can access the site including:
- Transition overview
- Updating links and bookmarks
- Browser compatibility
- How to promote the new site to your patrons »
Bonne journée !